4.22.2009

Dear Mother E.

From the day I arrived
You were there:
The strength beneath my feet
The comfort at my knees
Give in; push back;
Receive my each collapse
Protector, keeper of my every breath,
Your mood swings pick me up,
To knock me down again
“You are…
Stronger than me”

You turn grey; dampness consumed
I smile regardless;
Hinting a resemblance

Time,
It has made you volatile
I would be too
Beaten
Every blow,
Proves one too many
Broken
Still giving,
Your soul remains kind

I could do more
Without you,
I would be nothing
Hardly thanked,
I thank you

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the Thao Nguyen reference: her soul certianly is "stronger" than all of ours'... and much more giving.
But if we keep neglecting to take care of her, I fear her mood swings will become more damaging.
We are bad children...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jessie lynn said...

Since when have you been listening to Thao? I fear I've had you listening to that mix far more than I thought. hehe Kudos for picking up the reference ;)