1.30.2009

sex sells

It's one of the few things I retained from my undergraduate degree: Sex sells. With the ever so exciting Super Bowl upon us there are two main reasons we watch: (1) for the love of the pig skin and (2) for the love of the ads. I prefer the latter. The ad posted below is the infamous PETA 'Veggie Love' ad, which if you didn't hear already, is banned from the Super Bowl. I have to believe that PETA created this racy ad on purpose, which was just ingenious on their part, as I'm sure this ad is getting way more "air time" now than it would have in an actual spot during the Super Bowl.


'Veggie Love': PETA's Banned Super Bowl Ad

Quite the episode with the asparagus spears at the end, isn't it?  I suppose it's fitting as asparagus is an aphrodisiac.  Naughty, naughty PETA!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oo la la!! Makes me want to serve you veggies for valentines day! Want to go to Merge again tonight?
Haha...

suckstobeyou said...

hey kiddos.
you're on the suckstobeyoublog.com blogroll now, too. spreadin' the love! hope all is well, and that for you, absolutely nothing is sucky. --gary