2.20.2009

a second look

So not too long ago, I made my second trip to the newly built Burchfield Penney Art Center. 
Round #2 left me even more inspired than the first.  The following pics are courtesy of me, my camera phone, and I.

Note the 81/2 x 11 write-up at the right for scale. This painting is by far my fav there. 
I hope I have hair like that someday.

Within these glass plumes are images and clippings of pre-war Japan. 
I believe this sculptural piece is titled "Mushroom Cloud." Powerful.

So you know those little plastic ties used to attach toys to cardboard and electric wires to sound surfaces? Well, this work of art is made up of hundreds of them. The wood and plastic create a tall, slender table (not shown) and words like "Cake," "Bacon," and "Coke" pile on top.  A visual treat for all, including the birds.
 
Abstract Wilderness (oil on wood)
by Michael Zwack
Another image of this piece was posted in my Nov. entry (New Art Terms. New Art.
I liked it as much the second time around as I did the first.

The contrast of ebony black ink printed upon the stark blankness of white paper. 
I'm a fan of the purity, the saturation.

Look familiar? 
It's the art that pops behind "Thoughts Punctuated."(Note: It used to, but no longer does as of 2/28/09.) My note taking failed me. I have no idea who the artist is, but wish to thank them for the explosion of color.

Cheers.

p.s. Round #3 I plan to capture a pic of the spooning chairs--a piece that I scoffed at in round #1 and gawked at in round #2.

No comments: